Sunday, November 25, 2007

had a turkey; did some stuff

The SJ-based Jacobs went to Seattle for the week of Thanksgiving to visit the AZ-based and SEA-based Jacobs. We were greeted with perfect weather, no drops of rain. A lot was packed into the few days we were there.

The first evening, we went to dinner and met my sister's boyfriend. I have only ever met two of my sister's boyfriends and they both were poop. (No offense, Barrie.) Jonah is the latest and has been for some time. He should be given a medal for being able to handle my sister for so long. Seriously, he seems like a good chap.

On Wednesday, we went to a winery that offered nothing worth finishing and then followed that with trip to the Red Hook brewery. "Best $1 EVER SPENT!" Who says the dollar isn't worth shit. We got drunk off decent beer for a dollar while listening to an annoying guide.

That evening, we went to an Italian restaurant, which was decent, and had Captain Jack Sparrow as our waiter. He must have been on something because I couldn't help but feel sea sick every time he came to the table. He constantly moved back and forth and dipped in and out. In the end, he offered me some Grappie or something. This is a very potent drink and I had to enlist the help of another soldier (Jonah) to make sure we left no wounded.

Thanksgiving was nice. We ate food that fits the holiday and everyone helped out to make it, even Gracelyn. Unfortunately, after this, I had to watch Private Practice with more than Amanda. I hate this show. But, it is more bearable than watching Grey's Anatomy with 3 chicks. I HATE this show!

Friday, we went down to Pike's Place, the giant Seattle Farmers market and watched the fish fly and admired the the gorgeous food. We tried some chocolate linguini which was clever. We even jumped into a maritime museum where Gracelyn loved the water exhibit with the boats.

Saturday was another day in downtown Seattle. We spent most of the day near the Space Needle and went to the Children's Museum. This was a very good museum, better than the one in SJ. It had too many things to do for Gracelyn. (We simply couldn't get to them all.)

Then, the highlight of the trip. I got some sort of food poisoning right before our plane. I visited more public restrooms in the span of 4 hours than I care to admit. And, while all of this was happening, Gracelyn puked in the security line and then again on the airplane. Holy shit. I was glad to take a shower and go to bed.

Some random photos from the week...



Latest addition to the Costco team...

Making some fushe...

Prepping for terrible television...


Unloading the fish from the deadliest catch...(Maritime Museum)


Don't say Picasso, say Gracelyn...(Children's Museum)

1 comment:

Gma said...

The Gracelyn original made it home in one piece and is ready for framing.