Today, the girls and I, in search of some activity that would take us out of the house and into this beautiful, sunshiney weather, found ourselves at Story and King, near the Tropicana Shopping Center. Now, I'm sure you're asking yourself, "What in the world were you guys doing in the middle of the ghetto?" and "Did you remember to wear your bullet-proof vests?"...To which, we would answer, "Having ourselves a grand-old-time!" and "Bullet-proof vests? Dude, we live here; the ghetto-ness of it all doesn't faze us in the least!"
Actually, we paid a sunny afternoon visit to the Emma Prusch Farm Park, and it's definitely a park that we'll be visiting again soon! Now, I vaguely remember going to this park on a field trip sometime in late elementary or early middle school, and my memories, though hazy, certainly did not match up to what the park is now! Granted, the animal enclosures seem to be a bit run-down, and the little displays that tell you about each animal look like they haven't been tended to since the last time I was there (let's see...late-elementary-early-middle-school...that would be...something like 16 years ago). However, the grounds are beautiful -- lots of gorgeous, shady trees, a huge field of green grass, and native California shrubs and flowers everywhere -- and, holy crap! That's the biggest playground I've ever seen!
Actually, we paid a sunny afternoon visit to the Emma Prusch Farm Park, and it's definitely a park that we'll be visiting again soon! Now, I vaguely remember going to this park on a field trip sometime in late elementary or early middle school, and my memories, though hazy, certainly did not match up to what the park is now! Granted, the animal enclosures seem to be a bit run-down, and the little displays that tell you about each animal look like they haven't been tended to since the last time I was there (let's see...late-elementary-early-middle-school...that would be...something like 16 years ago). However, the grounds are beautiful -- lots of gorgeous, shady trees, a huge field of green grass, and native California shrubs and flowers everywhere -- and, holy crap! That's the biggest playground I've ever seen!

Gracelyn says, "Aw yea! This place is awesome!"
So, we had ourselves a little picnic in the shade of one of the trees near the gargantuan playground, then took a walk around the park checking out all the animals they have.

Yes -- before you ask -- Gracelyn dressed herself this morning

These three were walking around, honking their heads off, acting like they owned the place!

This gentleman strolled right by our picnic blanket. I think he was eyeing my sandwich!

Mr. Pig's friends in the Small Animal Area included rabbits, chickens, ducks, and peafowl.

Mr. Sheep: Who you lookin' at? This is my turf! Get lost!
We finished up our time there with a stroll through the Rare Fruit Orchard, admiring the unique trees there -- pomegranates, cherry, limequat, raisin, guava, and pistachio, just to name a few. If you're ever in the area and in search of a pleasant place to pass a couple of hours, we highly recommend this park!



1 comment:
That IS an awesome park! I've never been to it or even heard of it before.
Post a Comment