Saturday, December 30, 2006

where's the poop?

The last couple of days, Gracelyn hasn't gone numero dos. Usually, she is on time everyday with a stinky little present for mom and dad, sometimes two or three. (Since being on solid foods, her butt is so stinky; her diaper smells like an outhouse.) Last nite she was very fussy. We were beginning to think that she was constipated. She struggled a bit during the nite as well. I had such a hard time sleeping since I was worried about her. I spent a bit of time looking through books and handouts trying to learn something about baby constipation. It turns out that constipation for babies is not ever an emergency situation. In fact, breastfed babies can go 6-7 days without cooking up a steamer. This new bit of information gave me peace of mind. We woke up this morning to feed her as usual. Then, immediately following breakfast, she shared with us her latest bio-creation. I guess shit's back on track, literally!

(I will spare the pictures...this time!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is exactly the type of play-by-play I expected! hope you all have a great new years

fuddruckus said...

did you ever doubt it?