Monday, February 5, 2007

the ads sucked

Amanda and I are kind of pissed. We arranged our whole weekend to optimize for the Super Bowl. We ran our errands, scheduled our events, bought food and drink, etc. to ensure we had Sunday afternoon blocked out. Neither of us cared too much for either team, but it was the big game and the commercials are usually enjoyable. Shit, there was even talk about making Super Bowl Sunday a national holiday. Well, we fucked up. The game was sloppy, the first quarter being the only entertaining one. As for the commercials...weak sauce! Many of them were old, and, to be honest, I can't remember more than a couple which means the advertisers failed to reach me. At the end of the evening, it just felt anti-climatic. Plus, I lost the Super Bowl pool I was in. All that we had going for us was that we were full of junk food and beer. Then, Amanda took that away when she made me feel gross about myself and my eating habits. Now, I got nothing.

7 comments:

manders said...

I didn't purposely make him feel gross about his eating habits. I simply commented that I felt gross after a whole afternoon of beer, pizza, chips, and guacamole. Probably just opened his eyes to the fact that those do not constitute a healthy meal...Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me feel gross again. Can't wait till dance class tomorrow night when I can sweat it all off!!!

Unknown said...

well the problem was the guac. ditch that & u're all good...cuz that shit nahsty.

Anonymous said...

I don't know a single person who has ever eaten healthy on Superbowl Sunday. It's kinda like the leeway (spelling?) that you gotta give yourself on thanksgiving, because you're not about to munch tofu or sprouts during the big game, it just wouldn't be right. So, keep your chins up you two, and be glad that you didn't drink 10 or more beers... or did you?

Gma said...

"I got nothing" After $100,000 I got nothing.

Allan Teruel said...

I think 4nyay really liked the Snickers ad.

BTW: 4nyay.com's comment section doesn't seem to be working.

erabu said...

Optimized your day??? You showed up 45 minutes late!!
The gross feeling could have come from that granola crap we had.

Unknown said...

haha, chinS!

SNAP!