Last week, Gracelyn, Haven & Mommie got to have a playdate with Mrs. Claire & Cyndee (JJ, too -- the baby boy bun in the oven). Gracelyn was so excited that Cyndee was coming over to play; it's all she kept talking about the whole morning! In fact, as soon as we got the text that they were on their way, Gracelyn spent the next 10-15 minutes looking out the window for them!
Mommie, I don't see them yet. Why aren't they here?
Well, BG, they just called, so it's going to take them a few minutes to drive over.
(time lapse: 30 seconds)
Mommie, where are they? I can't see them coming yet.
I know, sweetie. Don't worry, they're on their way.
(time lapse: 15 seconds)
Cyndee, where are you?...I can't hear her, Mommie.
Well, BG, they just called, so it's going to take them a few minutes to drive over.
(time lapse: 30 seconds)
Mommie, where are they? I can't see them coming yet.
I know, sweetie. Don't worry, they're on their way.
(time lapse: 15 seconds)
Cyndee, where are you?...I can't hear her, Mommie.
Once our friends arrived, the younger girls were bashful and hesitant to engage with one another. But, it only took a few minutes and a couple of it's-ok-to-play-Mommie's-right-here-hugs to get them to warm up. We had a great time sharing toys, eating snacks, and catching up on the latest news in both our families. Can't wait till the next playdate!



No comments:
Post a Comment