Monday, January 26, 2009

interesting bit of jacobs girls trivia

Did you know that Haven weighs more now, at six months old, than Gracelyn did at a year old? It's true! Haven is showing 18 lbs, 2 oz as of four days ago, but at 12 months old, Gracelyn was only weighing in at 17 lbs, 13 oz!

Their other measurements (height & head circumference) are pretty comparable at each of the doctors-appt-markers. In fact, in some cases -- height at six months, for example -- they are exactly the same. It's just that, in terms of poundage, Have-o is surpassing Grace-o at a surprising rate!

It makes me wonder -- what is it that makes the difference in how they're growing? We're not doing anything different as far as food and nourishment are concerned. We're following the same feeding schedule now as we did with Gracelyn. Even their first solid foods (rice cereal followed by sweet potatoes) are the same, too! I mean, I know they're two different people (obviously), and, therefore, they have two different genetic make-up patterns (duh). But, I guess what I'm saying is...it would be really interesting to see what exactly it is in their genes that makes them grow the way they do.

Either way, I am so in love with both of my girls -- every last inch of them. I love Gracelyn's long, slender body, and I love Haven's creases, folds and squeezable, pinchable, chunkable cheeks!

2 comments:

erabu said...

Haven also squirms around a lot more than Gmoney did so maybe she's building huge muscles under her folds...Weren't you and I like that too? Little bit chunky and kid buddha/burnt meatball?

manders said...

yeah, judging from our baby pictures, we were both pretty chunky. i wonder what our measurements were at each of our month markers...