At 8pm sharp last night, Judd and I walked into Fahrenheit Ultra Lounge & Restaurant to begin our night of revelry in honor of my 27th birthday. Our five hours spent in this establishment began with some killer food and good company. Dos, Billy, Megan, Becca, Kupono, Judd and I sat around a low table in the upper lounge area chatting and munching on calimari, edamame, garlic noodles, and thai chicken. Two of Dos' friends Teresa and Brenda joined us towards the end of the meal, and Aaron and Camille came just in time for cake. As the lights in Fahrenheit turned down and the music turned up, the restaurant began its metamorphosis into a chic night club, libations began to flow more freely, and the ladies decided to head out to the dance floor. Sometime in the night, Helen, Les, Ted, Jared and Brooke joined our party, and the birthday celebrating grew exponentially (it being Jared's birthday, too). Just after 1am, after much picture-taking, bonbon-shaking, and cocktail-drinking, the party began to wind down for us, and we headed home. Although we missed those that couldn't make it out, all in all, my birthday celebration was a success! Thanks to everyone who made it happen, but especially Dos who planned the whole thing!
Here are some fun details to enhance the description of our night out on the town. First of all, around 6:30pm, before the party even started, just as Judd was getting ready to take a shower, our power went out. After scrounging around for flashlights and candles for a bit, we manually opened the garage so I could drive Gracelyn to my parents' house for the evening. Judd showered and got ready in the dark (and, I must say, he looked damn good, despite the circumstances!), and I came back to pick him up on our way to Fahrenheit. After the soiree, we drove Becca home since she was left without a ride (Kupono, being a responsible daddie, had left early to pick up Marina from a sleepover that wasn't working out...her friend was sick & throwing up). After picking Gracelyn up, we finally made it home at 2:15am (thank God the power was back on by that time), and everyone was in bed by 2:45. Of course, having a late night of partying certainly doesn't guarantee a late start in the morning, especially when you have an eight-month-old baby to care for. After only five hours of sleep, Judd dragged himself out of bed to feed Gracelyn (he spoils me, yes...I got to "sleep in" until 8:45). So while most other party-goers were most likely nursing their hangovers in bed until noonish, the Jacobs household was alive-n-kickin' at 8am! Yes, it's a lazy day here for us, but by "lazy" we mean "getting up at 8, feeding the baby, playing with the baby, changing the baby's diapers, doing the dishes, going grocery shopping, returning a pair of jeans at the mall, and updating our blog". Lazy, indeed. That's the other side of the party...
14 comments:
jared's dance moves when listening to house music are awesome...i can't wait to try them myself...
oh u lazy jacobs...glad ya'll had fun. maybe i can make it next year. also, what's up with the random photo of baby...it never changes, so is it really that random?
I've been telling Judd that he needs to change it again...he just really likes that one...
couple of highlights of the night of revelry:
*dj doing a b-day shout-out to "erica" (apparently, he couldn't hear very well over his own beats)
*me knocking becca's drink (a brand new, full to the brim one) outta her hand while doing the robot on the dance floor
*billy not avoiding the dance floor like he claimed he would (someday, b, you might get a sense of rhythm...someday...)
*jared & brooke's "dj dance"
*lesley dancing in her seat
*random dude telling dos that he wanted to marry her...her response? "i feel that way, too...but for somebody else. sorry!"
*becca almost not allowed back in after stepping outside for a minute (the bouncer saw her step over the rope...reprimanded her for it...then when she wanted to come back in, asked where her stamp was, but she didn't have one...good thing one of the bartenders was outside and could vouch for her!)
mah bad... sorry for the flake.
yeah, what happened to you, big al? we were all hoping to see you cuttin' the rug a bit...
I had domestic problems... I did see Billy at Valley Fair on Friday.
Dos' Comments to Mander's Highlights:
*dj doing a b-day shout-out to "erica" (apparently, he couldn't hear very well over his own beats)
"I loved the little 'yeah, I hooked you up' wink he gave after the shot out."
*me knocking becca's drink (a brand new, full to the brim one) outta her hand while doing the robot on the dance floor
"Ok, my fault. I thought it was such a good move, I was like, 'Do it again...show Becca!'"
*billy not avoiding the dance floor like he claimed he would (someday, b, you might get a sense of rhythm...someday...)
"C'mon, Biwwie. You held you own"
*random dude telling dos that he wanted to marry her...her response? "i feel that way, too...but for somebody else. sorry!"
"Aw, I forgot about that. Hehe... I hope I get the real proposal sometime soon ;)"
Love
DOS
here's one more highlight that i just remembered...
*at the beginning of the night, dos went to pay for her drink and my drink, realized that she didn't have her wallet in her purse. so, she went back to her car to get it (where it had most likely fallen out). twenty minutes go by, and she's not back, so i call her...turns out, she had to go all the way back home to get the wallet!! :-)
a random photo of gracelyn doesn't imply any frequency of change; it just means that it was selected randomly...
hey...another randomly selected photo of gracelyn. nice.
i thought that the original 'random photo' thing meant it would be randomly generated by blogspot as you uploaded a few to the server. oh how wrong i was :( sorry.
btw, she's sucking her big toe in that one...yummy!!
Is she sitting on your rug on on grass??
I'm working on perfecting the "sprinkler, shampoo, and q-tip" Wait 'til next year.
Btw pics of the ladies are posted at:
http://www.123out.com/out/LocationAlbum/1493
any chance I can get my real title of "oom" added to the b.s.c
she's on the rug...
you are officially "oom biwie" on the burrito stat tracker...
looking forward to those perfected dance moves in 2008, b!
Post a Comment